Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The I Spy Work is Magic

I have hardly been a Montessori enthusiast, however, in what's probably her last week in Montessori school ever, my baby is reading! Miss Veronica taught her some basic phonics, and the "work" goes like this: There is a set of tiny objects, like a cup, a cat, a fan, and then the nouns are written on separate slips of paper. She matched up every one of them. Then they are supposed to take the words and copy them out, she's not so good at that yet, but so what? I'm so proud. She also can pick out the even numbers from 1-10 and count out dots to match each of the numerals, which is cool.

Her new school has ballet, gymnastics, piano, and gardening in the curriculum (the other school is closing next week, Ms. Lillian is retiring). It sounds right up Amelie's alley. And they look so cute in the little tutus! I don't know what the boys there wear, they are still roughly half the classes. Updates soon.

No comments: