Friday, June 23, 2006

Mercy, Mercy, Me

So I am sitting here today listening to Kool 94.5 and they played Marvin Gaye - I can't believe I never heard the words to this song before outside the chorus. Ok, so all I can say is I was not born when it came out, in my defense. In case anyone else was in the same boat as me....

Marvin Gaye - Mercy Mercy Me (the Ecology) Lyrics
Ah, mercy, mercy me,Ah, things ain't what they used to
be, no, no.Where did all the blue skies go?Poison is
the wind that blows from the north and south andeast.Mercy, mercy me,Ah, things ain't what they used to
be, no, no.Oil wasted on the ocean and uponour seas
fish full of mercury,Oh, mercy, mercy me.Ah,
things ain't what they used to be, no, no, no.Radiation underground and in the sky;animals and birds
who live near by are dying.Oh, mercy, mercy me.Ah, things ain't what they used to be.What about
this over crowded land?How much more abuse from man can
she stand?

No comments: