Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Best Bags


Obviously now everyone knows the correct answer to "Paper or plastic?" is "Neither." I have had the same string grocery bags since 1995 and I love those, don't get me wrong, but I don't know how many times I have been caught without them (too many). So that is why I am CRAZY about are these bags I got at Claire's, the accessory store at the mall, of all places. They were $1 with any purchase and they are fantastic! They're made out of umbrella-material nylon and they pack away into a teeny tiny tote bag. I just saw them recently and they were about $6 now, still in a bin by the register. They have a variety of colors if rainbow polka dots are to chicky for you. I keep them in my purse and I am never, ever without a bag anymore.

1 comment:

Lawrence said...

Hi Denise, and thanks for your blog (and your post on bags here and at Green Tips). I happened to post comments at Green Tips right after yours and clicked on your link. The Claire's are nice bags, and alas, we are fashion consumers, so maybe fashion bags will help, IF we use them hundreds of times. Just think of all the STUFF we'd be putting into those bags over their lifetime, much less ours!

I am one of the most frequent contributors to the discussion at Green Tips and write a blog of my own, here at Blogger, called A Better Nation, part philosophical environmentalism but also personal and political. I'll be posting an extended version of my bag comments today, so please stop by.

Thanks again, Denise, and nice pic with you and what's his name.

Lawrence