Friday, September 28, 2007

Sounds too Good to Be True, Right?

I've been watching Living With Ed on HGTV, which is a reality show about Ed Begley, Jr. He is so totally my hero right now. The show is about 1) product promotion for new, green technology, and 2) Ed's wife, Rachelle Carson's resistance to Ed's penny pinching (which so reminds me of my mom and dad). It's amusing though. Anyway, they had solar garden lights on this week and said they would be on the HGTV web site. You can get them cheaper elsewhere, but while I was there checking it out I see that Ed got his solar panels from this place where you don't own them, you are basically setting up a mini utility on your roof. Seems like a fair concept, though, right? It certainly made his neighbor Bill Nye (Science Guy, holla!) jealous. Anyone see a downside here?

No comments: